10 February 2009

5 months later

I just posted a blog about something I had already blogged about...it's clearly been a while. Perhaps the worst part about it was that I think I liked this more recent one better than the old and out-dated one. I guess my personality is changing.

One thing I have loved
and been so blessed by in living in California has been our visitors. Granted if we lived at home we would not "need" visitors, rather we would just live in community with these people. Since the distance does exist, these times with sweet friends from home is inexpressibly needed and treasured.

Joy Vick came to town!!

days after getti
ng engaged, days after moving to a new apartment, my CA life was in boxes but I got to take a time-out and enjoy sweet time with a friend...the beach, bean town, relaxing, good food and WICKED...it was a wonderful time!


Next came LZM...

Laura Zandstra closed out our summertime with some new experiences. Sure a trip to the beach but also we went to
the taping of AFV!!!!!! she had an awesome tv debut in November where they deemed her laugh worthy of having a close up shot on the show-awesome. we ended the weekend with a trip to Temecula to visit her aunts, one of which owns a hot air balloon. We spent a spectacular day going for a ride in the hot airballoon then wine tasting for the afternoon.



I feel so spoiled to have had these times and experiences with such good friends.

We're excited about our visitors to come!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know LZ(M) got televised on AFV!! Wonderful news.

Oh, and see you in like a week.

Michael Mills said...

Nice post D!

For all who are interested, I happen to have a low-quality video of LZM's debut. AFV snagged a prime laugh from her.