18 August 2009

there is hope!

Though I spend more time watching seasons of TV series on DVD each day than I would like to admit; tonight I took a time out from season 1 of 24 (I'm saving the last three episodes for tomorrow) and we happily discovered that there is hope to me becoming a decent cook. Lucky Mikey!

Tonight I took on homemade lasagna and cinnamon cake with homemade icing...and garlic toast (from the freezer section of the grocery store).
I forgot to document this momentous occasion before eating dinner...better late then never.
I am scheming to consider this cinnamon cake to be acceptable for both after dinner dessert AND breakfast...We'll see how convinced I am of that in the morning.

I was skeptical at best about the outcome of this evening's undertaking. Thanks to Judiann (momma) Meyer, these recipes were foolproof!

So come on over and dine with us! We cannot wait to have you here.

No comments: