30 July 2008

summer of joy

I recently was ecstatic to receive some "long lost" pictures of the summer of 2007. The faces in these pictures, the memories brought to mind and the gigantor smiles that could grow no larger are a blessing to reminisce.
It was a summer of community among friends that I am sure I would do anything for. Friends that I could not possibly spend enough or "too much" time with who made me laugh until I would cry or until my stomach hurt. Friends who's grand uniqueness brought a delightful mix to anything we did or did not do together. Friends who make my heart jump with delight at just the mention of their name.

Nights of endless card games and other ways of discovering fun.
Countless trips to IHOP.
Discovery of the goodness of Buzzbrews
[not pictured here, but noteworthy]

times of telling stories and writing them as well

July jazz, homemade icecream, sytycd.

Evenings with each others families and parents.


Encouragement, disagreement, challenges, fun, joy and the bittersweetness of separating ourselves by distance....thank you for the blessing you are to me and the great joy your bring to my life!

To all my friends pictured here and all the ones not: thank you for taking the time to love me and for accepting me,and those around you for who they are. my friends, you are truly of the highest caliber. I have learned and continually learn so much from you and hope I am blessed enough to have you in my life always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO SWEET!

I'm sure Rachel Reed will try and tell you that I say that to everyone, but it's just not true. In fact, I've said it noticeably less since our group parted ways geographically.

Anyway, I'm super thankful for you and the rest of those people too. July Jazz (though still incredible) hasn't been the same without you guys this summer.