Microwave, oh microwave
I apologize for taking you for granted.
You've been so faithful to warm whatever i put inside you.
You are gentle to not burn the popcorn that I continually overcook
You are a shelter for the food I take off the stove, helping it to contain its heat until eating time.
I have not been eating at home much lately,
I have not meant to ignore or neglect you.
I promise to treat you well, if you come back home to me
This morning started like most others.....I apologize for taking you for granted.
You've been so faithful to warm whatever i put inside you.
You are gentle to not burn the popcorn that I continually overcook
You are a shelter for the food I take off the stove, helping it to contain its heat until eating time.
I have not been eating at home much lately,
I have not meant to ignore or neglect you.
I promise to treat you well, if you come back home to me
Wake up: check
Shower: check
Read: check
finish writing journals for class: check
go to the kitchen to make some breakfast: check
this is when the normal check list trails off and the day got weird. i got out the oatmeal and milk to fix my morning sustenance, turned to use the counter space near the microwave in order to speed the process of preparing the ingredients in the bowl for heating and cooking in the convenient black appliance that has sat on the counter in the corner for longer than I have lived in this home. It is when I turned around form the cupboard that I noticed the newest void in my life. The corner formerly filled with the beloved appliance now proudly boasted it's white tiles, a small purple mixing bowl and a spice rack. this has been a week of bizarre experiences.
...I hope the microwave comes back soon or my breakfast will never be the same.


2 comments:
where do microwaves go when they run away??? sorry to hear about your loss, dear laura. love you a&f, mom
Oh, I didn't tell you but...
Last night, at about 4am, I woke up to tink and overheard a voice in my kitchen. It was your microwave trying to convince my microwave into running off together. It turns out that yours was quite the romantic and mine quite the pragmatic.
I'm sorry.
Post a Comment