09 September 2006

leaving on a jet plane!

"my bags are packed, i'm ready to go! i'm standing here outside your door. i hate to wake you up to say good bye!"

The day is finally here and I am off to discover the beauty of ESPANA!!!!! To think that in the next 24 hours my knoweldge of the spanish language will more than likely quadruple blows my mind!

I have been travelling for 7 hours now and am still in the states. Two things have characterized my travels thus far: sleeping soundly on the airplanes, so soundly in fact that I did not even know we took off until we landed both times and sitting in white rocking chairs people watching for hours on end. Naps and people watching: I am a happy girl!

I am sitting in a chair much like this one right now. Only the one pictured was my sitting point in Charlotte where a extremely talented musician graced my ears with hymn after hymn on the piano as I sat and took in the sights of North Carolina. [below he is pictured playing "It is Well" while his son does homework! i wouldn't mind going to work with him either]

The flight to Philly was empty. 12 people actually had to change seats so that we could balance out the weight on the airplane. Do not worry there were only 43 people on board the aircraft, I had a row of three to myself. My rocking chair now is serving me well, it is near a plug, the airport has wifi and people are passing by in abundance!

Soon enough I will be in spain! I cannot wait to tell you about my adventures there and all the Lord does. Pray for safe travels for Ross and my self. Adam is meeting us at the airport to take us to Salamanca once Ross's flight lands in the afternoon!

ready or not here i come!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Laura!! Wow cool you're going to Spain. I am excited for you. I will def be keeping up with your blog. Happy trails to you.

jess said...

What cool airports that have rocking chairs! I've never experienced such and am happy that you get to. I live vicariously through your adventures.